Friday, September 3, 2010

The Bauers: Round 5 / Delusional Days (Years)

I just realized as I was writing this that I must have quit choosing random scenarios for my sims.  I guess I hate the idea of choosing bad things to happen to my sims, even if it does make the story more interesting.  It's funny, because I'm not opposed to choosing punishments for my sims that tick me off.  When I actually get to start playing again (I'm an entire round behind on my blogging) I think I'll go back to random scenarios again, but I'll have to give it more thought and maybe weed out the scarier possibilities.  I think I'll just post my list of the possible random scenarios soon.  I found many ideas that others have used, plus I've thought of a few fun ones of my own.

Additionally, I want to start focusing more on building up some more neighborhood businesses for more realism and less focus on earning points.  I'll have to wait to get caught up on the story again to actually change anything.  I want to have actual business hours for my businesses, and have my sims who don't have LTW careers work for neighborhood businesses.  I think that could be fun, along with having more financial restrictions to make things a little more challenging.

And now, we return to the continuing story of Apple Grove.  We are back to the Bauers this chapter.

Photobucket

Morgan and Cassandra have a first kiss.

Photobucket

And now they're on their first date and are still joined at the lips.

Photobucket

I think Morgan should have taken her out to dinner.  I think she's trying to hint that she's hungry.  Speaking of hungry, I hope Daniel Brown isn't hungry for Morgan's blood...

Photobucket

Cassandra decided to propose to Morgan on the first date, and he was smart and said yes.  It would be crazy for a sim in my game to disappoint one of my beloved sims, especially in my simself's family.  I was thinking the first date is awfully quick for an engagement, but then every day is a year in a sim's life.  From that perspective, it seems normal.

Photobucket

Being engaged doesn't stop her from checking out the hot cab driver, though.

Photobucket

Morgan found a suit for their upcoming wedding.  This looks like something he might choose.

Photobucket

Eeek, a bat!  No one seems freaked out like they should be.

Photobucket

Morgan, should you really be seeing the bride in her dress before the ceremony?  She does look very pretty, though.

Photobucket

Cassandra met Contessa Hailey, which explains the bat. I'm not sure if Hailey is on the Cullen diet or not, so maybe they should keep their distance and refuse any dinner invitations.


Photobucket

Here is the official wedding announcement.

Photobucket

It looks like Scott missed walking Cassandra down the aisle, but I guess he's not too late to walk Morgan down the aisle. 

Photobucket

Hey Morgan, don't do that.

Photobucket

Awkward.

Photobucket

He's going to be your father-in-law in a few minutes, so try not to tick him off.

Photobucket

Morgan shows her the shiny ring, and she is very happy.

Photobucket

Amiee, Ian and Christopher are also in attendance.

Photobucket

Now you may kiss the bride.  Only kiss her, though.  Remember, this is a church.

Photobucket

Are you going to shove cake into her mouth?

Photobucket

I guess Morgan is going to be a gentleman now.

Photobucket

She does make a beautiful bride.

Photobucket

An old, evil witch was hanging around outside during the reception, presumably to try to curse the new couple.  Let's hope she's a squib with only some delusions of real power.

Photobucket

Christopher dances with his sister, the bride.  Cute.  Jason and Amiee look very bored.

Photobucket

After the wedding Cassandra leaves in a cab in her regular clothes, alone, in the cold snow in a sleeveless shirt with no coat.  This is the kind of thing we come to expect from sims.  They have absolutely no common sense.

Photobucket

Charity is interviewing potential future husbands.  So far, none of the are passing her cheese test by sharing her passion for cheese.

Photobucket

Speaking of passion....

And why are my boys both wearing their sisters' hand-me-down pink pajamas?  Is it because I'm too lazy to shop?  Yep.

Photobucket

Charity has always been fond of dogs, although she is allergic to them.  I don't think allergies are the worst to fear from this...uh... dog.

Photobucket

Cassandra and Morgan moved out and arrived at their new home, a very small house on the corner of Turnover and Strudel.

Photobucket

There's something really romantic about owning your own home, I guess.  OK, we'll go away.

Photobucket

Jason and Amiee headed off for college with a little scholarship money.

Photobucket

Scott took Amiee to her rental house on campus, although she won't be staying long.  She will soon go Greek.

Photobucket

Is Scott about to cry because he's dropping off his youngest daughter at college?  No, he's closing his eyes so he doesn't have to see that there are skulls on Amiee's shirt.  He's not a fan of Goth-type stuff.

Photobucket

Our sim daughter Amiee has a well-earned reputation for meanness.  I hope she will at least be nice to her brother Jason at college.  Probably not.

Photobucket

Christopher is super excited to have a snow day so he doesn't have to go to school.  I think Ian is just happy to be getting more sleep.  I'm not the best at making sure my sims get to bed on time.

Photobucket

Morgan delivers a bouquet of flowers to Cassandra, forgetting that she doesn't live here anymore.  Since she lives with him in their new house, I'm thinking he's suffering from amnesia.  The sim shrink could be required in the near future.

Photobucket

Charity convinces her date to love cheese by threatening to kick him where it really hurts.

Photobucket

His name is Elmer, and she really, really likes him.






Photobucket


But for some reason, I don't entirely share her enthusiasm.  He seems a bit insane if he says he knows Santa Klaus.  I did say that when my kids were little so they'd be good, though.  It doesn't work.

Photobucket

But she is in a hurry to get married, and so she pops the question right away.

Photobucket

Their first fight was over his choice of wardrobe, when she threatened to pop his head off if he didn't pick a different outfit than the cowboy shirt with khaki shorts.  He's in the running to be the town Goopy now.

Apparently, he was a college student.  There's something really familiar about this guy, but I just don't remember right now.

Photobucket

Although, his §18,000 will give them a really nice start.  That's pretty good for a college student.

Photobucket

Elmer wants to become a Celebrity Chef.  No wonder he is more tolerant of cheese than most.

Photobucket

Charity heads off to work before daybreak.  She's going to go be all she can be, and do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day.  That's what she does IRL.

Photobucket

After work, she and Elmer met at the community church.  Yes, she borrowed her sister's wedding dress.

Photobucket

With this ring... yada... yada... blah, blah, blah...

Photobucket

I see that even though I wasn't in the church, I did actually attend the reception.  I just don't look happy to be there.

Photobucket

Charity and Elmer move into the small house - identical, and next door to her sister's house.

Photobucket

I guess I became lonely for female companionship with all my daughters out of the house.  I built Shellzibot, which is an amazing accomplishment since I never build stuff in real life unless it's out of yarn.

Photobucket

I can't believe Scott is actually giving a wedding gift to Elmer.  We have very little use for Elmer, so I'm surprised Scott would give him something.  Elmer really needs a new brain.

Photobucket

Scott headed down to Tucker's Toys and More to get something we desperately needed.  You may wonder at what he could need in a shop that sells toys and trinkets.

Photobucket

Martin Tucker still seems to be struggling to figure out the cash register, but somehow manages to sell the item to Scott.

Photobucket

Yes, he bought us a water wiggler, handcrafted by either Mark Bigfoot or his servo sidekick Metalfoot.  This will save our simselves some time, since sim Piglet is a walking green funk cloud most of the time.  Thankfully, she really isn't that smelly in person as long as she doesn't breathe on you.  I wish buying a water toy really worked to keep my real dogs clean, though.

Photobucket

I can sew, but I don't enjoy it, so I guess that's why Shellzibot gets to sew curtains.

Photobucket

Scott likes to plan and draw things, for real.  He's actually an engineer IRL.

Photobucket

I thought I'd hire a dog trainer to train the dogs, since we don't want to do it.  It's fun to pretend what we would do if had money.

*Update* I actually remembered later that the pet trainer was the random scenario I got.

Photobucket

Scott earned all of his lifetime aspiration benefits.

Photobucket

Elmer came over and tried to steal our gnome, but I had built a sentrybot, so he got quite a nasty shock.  Why isn't he at home with Charity, anyway?

Photobucket

This will be nice.  Thanks redheaded, freckled guy! 

Photobucket

It looks like we might get some puppies.

Photobucket

I don't know who the long-haired guy is or why he's here, but it's Ian's birthday today.

Photobucket

Ian really wants to learn things, which does fit.  However, he's attracted to unemployed red-heads who have no artistic talent.  That is probably the total opposite of reality.  He has a brunette girlfriend with a lot of artistic talent.

Photobucket

He would also love to have his own family someday.

Photobucket

Since Christopher is Ian's twin in the game, it's also his birthday.

Photobucket

Christopher is attracted to logical blondes, but doesn't like athletic girls.  This actually fits his real girlfriend.

Photobucket

His secondary aspiration is family.

Photobucket

They needed a makeover, so I tried to give them hair and clothes that are closer to what I'm used to seeing on them.  This will make it easier for me to tell them apart.  This is Ian's new look.

Photobucket

And this is Christopher's new look.  Too bad I don't have more custom clothes, but clothes aren't really a big priority for me in the game.  I usually make my poor sims wear whatever they grew up in.  I'm mean that way.

Photobucket

Scott maxed all his skills.

Photobucket

I achieved my lifetime want by becoming a Hall of Famer.  Now I'm going to go change out of the ugly spandex shorts.

Photobucket

I finally earned all of my lifetime aspiration points.

Photobucket

Do you like how I paint a portrait of Scott?  I think this is might be cheating.

Photobucket

Yay, we hired a butler!  Unfortunately, I can only get a virtual butler that accepts simoleons.  I doubt I will ever have those kind of dollars.

Photobucket

Wow, IRL I haven't worn leg warmers since the early 80's.

Photobucket

Ian earned his science plaque by lots of stargazing. 

Photobucket

And Shellzibot painted a portrait of me, too.

Photobucket

I was able to earn my gold fishing badge in my leotard and legwarmers.

Photobucket

Here are our finished portraits.

Photobucket

Christopher had his first date.

Photobucket

Ian was busy restoring his first car.  He really loves tinkering IRL, too.  He wants to study to become a mechanic.

Photobucket

Scott earned his nature plaque.

Photobucket

Christopher got his first kiss.

Photobucket

Apparently, I maxed all my skills, and then tap danced off to work.

Photobucket

Christopher is wearing his Halloween costume.  He's going as a wooden post with sunglasses.

Photobucket

Scott earned his gold fishing badge.

Photobucket

And the puppies finally arrived.  Obi and Padi never had any puppies IRL, so this is kind of fun.

Photobucket

Obi looks concerned about Padi.

Photobucket

Here is one of the puppies.  They all looked pretty much alike.  At first I named them Venus, Mercury and Mars, but later I renamed them.  You'll have to wait until round 6 to find out their new names.  I'm sure the suspense will be hard to bear.

Photobucket

Christopher wanted to sneak out with the redhead.  Gee, I should look up her name... Nerissa Goldman.  He's lucky he didn't get caught.  I might have had to ground his sim by locking him in his room or something.

Photobucket

We bought a vacation home in Three Lakes.

Photobucket

It looks like I forgot to pack and so I'm heading back inside while everyone else is leaving.  I think my sim ended up missing the shuttle, but somehow caught up with everyone in Three Lakes.

Photobucket

We brought the entire family.

Photobucket

Scott did really well at log rolling.

Photobucket

But Christopher finally beat him.

Photobucket

We all went fishing while Scott was trying to become friends with Bigfoot.

Photobucket

Wow, that was a lot of bowls Ian cleaned up.  Haha, yeah, right.  But he might IRL if he could just throw them in the trash when they were dirty.

Photobucket

I have no idea why Amiee decided to lounge about outside in lingerie, but it looks like she's going to suffocate in that pillow.

Photobucket

We will really miss this place.

Photobucket

The vacation was over with too quickly.  I think they should have sent at least two shuttles to pick us up, but all sim vehicles come equipped with Clown Car Capacity ™.

Photobucket

Here is a final view of the house as we are returning from Three Lakes.

Update 9/19/10 - Forgot to do scoring, which I still plan to do even if I change my play style.

Scoring: 1 point for Ian's science plaque, 1 point for Scott's nature plaque, 3 points for Scott's impossible want of maxing all skills, 6 points (3 each) for Scott and I reaching to top of the Lifetime Aspiration Meter, 1 point for me reaching the top of the dance career, 2 points for Morgan and Elmer joining the neighborhood.  The population of Apple Grove is currently 46, with a total population of 48.

8 comments:

Lorry said...

This seems like such a neat family. I miss the pets in Sims 2 . . . wonder how long it will take for Sims 3 to get em.

jungfrun68 said...

Your simself family is a source of endless amusement for me :D
I'm so glad you're back!

Twoflower said...

Yay, Comments! Thank you for reading. I'm enjoying blogging my sims again. Mrs. Stuffy, I understand - Sims 3 just isn't the same for me. Maybe someday with enough expansions and mods... I'm glad you both like my simself family. It's fun, but sometimes scary to play them, LOL.

ASimWen said...

ha. TS2 plays great on my new laptop...if I had a machine that handled it this well when I played the Falls I would have finished it a lot sooner...haha.....TS3 is intriguing, but plays awful on the new machine.

Twoflower said...

Wen, glad to hear you got a new laptop. That must be fun. Sims 3 plays well on my desktop, but I just don't enjoy it as much. I hate that it's so hard to play Prosperity style. Maybe it will get hacked enough for me someday. ;)

Simsstories said...

This family update was just awesome! Beuatiful weddings and lots of laughs! :)

ciyrose said...

Aww...the announcement is super pretty. Cassandra's dress is also very very pretty.

The town is really growing a lot, all those houses.

LOL....I've never had anyone say they know Santa Claus before, that's funny.

Twoflower said...

Thanks for reading, ciyrose! :) Yeah, I think the Santa Claus thing could be a sign of trouble in my game, but I think I fixed it recently with HoodChecker. I guess time will tell.